City of Lincoln Council and Voluntary Centre Services are consulting with the residents of Lincoln and Lincoln Community Lottery supporters on the allocation of the Lincoln Lottery Community Fund 2023
A total of £10,000 has been raised in the Lincoln Lottery Community Fund 2023.
The fund has been raised by supporters of Lincoln Community Lottery between August 2022 and August 2023 who have either –
- selected the Lincoln Lottery Community Fund as their good cause when purchasing tickets – 60 pence of every ticket sold goes towards this fund
- selected any of the other good causes when purchasing tickets – 10 pence of every ticket sold supports the Community Fund, with a further 50 pence going directly to the supporters chosen good cause.
The aim of the consultation is to identify the top two good cause areas you would like the Lincoln Lottery Community Fund 2023 to be allocated to.
The allocation of the Community Fund will involve three key stages.
- Stage one – Consultation with you, residents / supporters of the lottery, to identify the top two good cause areas you would like the funds to be allocated to
- Stage two – Application process where good causes working in these top two areas will be invited to apply for funding to support a specific project / activity benefitting the residents of Lincoln
- Stage three – Allocation of the funds to the successful applicants
Stages two and three will be managed by Voluntary Centre Services (VCS), which is a good cause located in the City of Lincoln. VCS provide support to the community and voluntary sector as a volunteer development agency and a local support and development organisation.
Good cause applications for funding from Lincoln Lottery Community Fund will be invited later this year. Keep a look out on the council’s and Voluntary Centre Services social media channels for when the application stage goes live.
Last year the Lincoln Lottery Community Fund supported local projects led by Acts Trust, GoGro CIC and Old Wood Organic CIC aimed at helping Lincoln’s residents. Projects included supported local food banks to purchase additional food supplies to meet increasing demands, supported the delivery of local cookery classes to users of food banks with a focus on the creation of healthy, nutritional meals for the family using ingredients commonly received from food banks, and supported the delivery green woodworking courses helping participants to learn traditional rural crafts and develop new skills, whilst learning the importance of caring for our green spaces.
To take part in the consultation, visit: www.lincoln.gov.uk/lotteryconsultation. The closing date for the consultation is 12pm on Monday 9th October 2023.
Since the launch of Lincoln Community Lottery in 2018, over £190k has been raised by the lottery for good causes supporting Lincoln residents. A big thank you to all Lincoln Community Lottery supporters in helping to raise these funds.
To find out more about how your good cause could use Lincoln Community Lottery to raise additional funds to support your work locally visit www.lincolnlottery.co.uk/good-causes
If you would like to support local good causes through Lincoln Community Lottery, tickets can be purchased by visiting www.lincolnlottery.co.uk.
Lincoln Community Lottery is promoted by City of Lincoln Council, a Local Authority Lottery licensed by the Gambling Commission.
Players must be 18 or over. Free, confidential help for anyone who is worried about their or someone else’s gambling is available 24/7 via the Be Gamble Aware website www.begambleaware.org or by calling the National Gambling Helpline on freephone 0808 8020 133.