House of Fraser in Lincoln high street is selling fire and water-damaged stock for up to 80 percent off following a fire that took place inside its premises. The fire started at around 9.30pm on Monday, June 5, and was caused by an electrical fault in the light fitting which resulted in severe damage to a small number of clothes.
On Tuesday, June 6, the designer brands store had smashed interior doors and was closed to the public until it passed health and safety standards to reopen. The store now has two rails full of damaged menswear, including Lacoste and Calvin Klein tops and shirts, with a sign stating ‘fire/water damaged stock up to 80 percent off.’
One man, who had been browsing through the rail and did not want to be named, said: “It’s all too damaged. I would only buy something if the price was right.”
Another customer, who also wanted to remain anonymous, said: “It’s all still wet.” In a statement on Tuesday, June 6, Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said it was called to the fire at 9.49pm on Monday, June 5 and two crews from Lincoln South attended with an aerial ladder platform.
The fire crews wore breathing apparatus and used a hose reel and thermal imaging cameras to extinguish the fire which was caused by an electrical fault in the light fitting.